Beyond The Borders
On this 11 day tour we’ll explore the unrivalled, relaxed beauty of the Borders. Traveling from East to West through this lesser explored region of Scotland you’ll experience everything you’d expect from an adventure across this bountiful country, and into England.
Beginning in Stirling, follow in the footsteps of Scotland’s two great legendary warriors: William Wallace and Robert The Bruce and as we travel south to explore the sights and lands that these two men fought for.
Leaving Stirling we’ll first head for Rosslyn Chapel where you can hear the tales of the Knights Templar before settling down in Peebles for a three night stay. From Peebles we’ll explore along the River Tweed and take in the Great Map of Scotland as well as the Great Tapestry of Scotland, learning about the historic industries of the borders: farming, mining and textiles.
Understand how the Borders inspired the author Sir Walter Scott to write a series of ballads about its beauty and witness it through his eyes: from his home in Abbotsford House and his favourite view in the country, Scotts View.
Leaving Peebles we’ll head west, crossing over Greymares Tail Waterfall and climbing up to Wanlockhead, Scotland’s Highest Village, before winding our way south, going beyond the border and settling in the beautiful Lake District of England.
The Lake District is England’s largest National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site. We’ll discover spectacular landscapes, picturesque villages, a warm welcome at our accommodation, and a experience the rich cultural heritage. We’ll also explore the fells, splash about on the lakes, have a wild adventure and take time to enjoy the peace.
Once we are across the border and into England, we’ll take advantage of our base and will take a day trip to visit Hadrian’s Wall and Vindolanda. Hadrian’s Wall marked the border of the Roman Empire, and there are still remains and ruins to be seen today. Vindolanda is a fascinating archaeological site that shows just how the Roman’s lived – both officer and commoner.
To end the adventure we’ll head back north towards Stirling, stopping at Dumfries House, a beloved home of none other than the King himself and wind past the lochs, forest and rolling hills which make the borders truly unique.
This whole tour will be peppered with the sounds and stories of Scotland. Experience music across the borders with a number of music sessions and concerts scheduled across the trip. Hear the songs and melodies inspired by the legends of this land.
Here’s what to expect from our Beyond The Borders tour, including a cost breakdown and example itinerary. If you would like more information about this tour, please feel free to get in touch.
- $3,000 per person for double occupancy
- $3,500 per person for single occupancy
- 11 day tour
- *Please note the first day, your Arrival Day, has no official events and is an opportunity for you to settle in before events start the following day. Accommodation is still included this night.
- 10 nights of accommodation
- Breakfasts every morning
- Three group meals
- Ferries during the tour
- Entrance fees to all activities, events, sites and landmarks during the tour
- Live music sessions
- Group transport to the airport on the last day of the tour- your Departure Day
- Transport from the airport upon arrival
- Lunches and all non-group dinners
- Harmonious Wail: April 12th – 22nd
- Barb Bowers: June 14th – 24th
- Kate Campbell: June 22nd – July 2nd
- Chad Elliott: July 8th – 18th
- Tim Grimm: August 5th – 15th
- Kitty Donohoe: September 18th – 28th
- Katie Dahl & Julie Wolf: 26th Sept – 6th October
- Paul McKenna: April 1st – 11th